Maintaining a Healthy LifeStyle
Well, we are all in the same boat these days. We are home. We are bored. Each day seems like ground hog day. If I didn't have an iPhone, I would have no idea what day of the week it is. Imagine my surprise to find out this weekend is Memorial Day weekend. Who knew?
I know most of us makes a New Years resolution, and most of us have the same one, to loose weight. We want to look good in a bathing suit. Summer is coming, and that is a goal. I guess it's safe to say we can throw that one right out the window because of the Pandemic which is the COVD19.
Now, to be clear, this is a horrible virus which has claimed the lives of 96,000+ Americans alone. Everyday, we hear of someone else who is a victim of this virus. It truly breaks my heart for those who have lost loved ones. It has also made us realize how precious life really is and we have no idea how long we have to be with our loved ones and to appreciate everyday we have.
With that said, I have been doing my best to stay in shape. Since going to the gym is out of the foreseeable future, we have to be more creative and more committed to stay healthy. We have to do what we can to keep ourselves healthy physically as well as emotionally.
Not sure about you guys, but I live in an apartment, so obviously I do not have a home gym. Here are a few things I do to keep myself somewhat fit and sane:
1) I go for a run. I run anywhere from 2-4 miles a day. I take my dog with me. This quarantine has brought me closer to my dog. I take her EVERYWHERE now. She has become my emotional support dog.
2) If it rains, since I do not have a stairclimber, I jog up and down the stairs in my building. I set up my iWatch to stairclimber mode and it tells me the calories I burn, how many stars I climbed and the time it took me to do it.
3) I take long walks. Sometimes I walk 5 miles. And yes, I bring the dog with me.
4) Do squats. You don't need a gym to do squats.
5) Lunges. Balance is key. Also good for your core.
6) Pushups. All you need is a floor.
7) Crunches, you can do that in bed in the morning.
8) Jumping jacks, jump rope.
9) Organize a group workout within your building or floor. You can still maintain social distancing while doing this outside.
10) Bike rides
12) Diet. You are what you eat. Try to stay away from fried food. I eat chicken in pesto with either brown or wild rice with a kale and spinach salad. You can have cheat days but all in moderation. No soda.
I have to start taking some selfies again so I can document this journey. Unfortunately, like most of us, I have no idea where my brush is since I no longer brush it, lol. I'm not sure if I remember how to apply mascara..... Be safe! Stay strong! We are ALL in this together!!!